Sunday, July 12, 2009

Bookshop Casanova

Well, for starters, the Fourth of July was eight days ago, and to celebrate we hosted a family reunion at our house. One of the many guests was my aunt Trudi from New York. She has a nice apartment and is very connected with some people, and she told me that it would be great if I would go up and visit her next summer.
The thing is, she meant the whole summer.
My goal would be to find a paying internship at a music establishment before that time. Hopefully a recording studio or something along those lines, although anything would be appreciated. I would be able to stay with her for that time, and become one with the city. I would be allowed to go to shows and concerts and familiarize myself with the NYC music scene. I would be able to go shopping as well, and meet plenty of new and amazing people.
The thing is, I don't know if I would be ready to leave my friends and family for three months. I mean, it is the perfect opportunity for, well, everything in my life. It would be amazing, and I would have a blast. But I would miss everyone so much!
I guess it's good that I still have a long time to think about it.

On another note, life is amazing.
But that's a story for another day. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment