Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Erm... Eighth grade crap VI.

Okay, so I wrote this one for English as well. I didn't turn this specific version in, however. It's stupid.

The Witching Hour

Flickers like a match
The reflection of the sun does
In the mirror my sunglasses make
As I walk down the desolate trail.

No one has been here
For the longest time
The undisturbed leaves tell me
As I race along.

Trees loom out from the shadows
The setting sun casts into
The darkening forest
And I start to hear sounds…

Could they be animals?
Ghosts? Goblins?
Killers?
Or am I just paranoid?

The darkness falls faster
And my eyes dart around
As I exhale the ice
That is my breath.

The cold causes me to shiver
And shake like one of the leaves on
The surrounding trees
The wind begins to whistle through.

I pull my coat closer to my chin
And button it up higher
To keep away the frost
Nipping at my body.

The sun is gone now.
How do I get home?
Am I going the right way?
I think I’m lost.

Suddenly a glimmer of light
Forces adrenaline into my body.
I race forward
Hungry for the night.

Animal instincts take over
I hurl off my coat
That begins to weigh me down
As I hurdle through the dark.

What’s happening to me?
It’s like a spell, cast by a demon
Is captivating my senses
And forcing me to go on.

My skin starts to prickle
And feels like it’s about to tear
Open in huge rips
As if caused by a knife.

A horrid howl escapes my lips
Yet I push on
Farther, farther
My feet start to slip.

And I go down hard
Onto the moist leaves
I feel my body quivering
And shaking uncontrollably.

The fur starts to spread
And my limbs itch
Like an insect is crawling
Up and down my spine.

Senses failing,
I seem to fall into a slumber
So deep
It seems that I will never wake.

Morning comes.
The sun burns my eyes
I turn away
And glare at the ground.

I don't know where
I've ended up;
What is this place?
So strange to my eyes.

‘Twas the witching hour
And I was cursed
By one, or many
That felt it so.

I was a beast,
A creature so terrible
That they were thought not to exist
Except for those that had experienced it.

Ever been a werewolf?

5 comments:

  1. I actually like this one better.
    Though the ending was kind of like a different style. P:

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahaha i know. failage, man. i hate it, but i just felt like posting all of my former-self crap on here... so yeah. :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is me!!
    haha no, but this is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Torrzilla, you are /such/ a werewolf! XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. i would rather be a cooler vampire
    Torrzilla vampire >>>> cullens (not jasper)

    ReplyDelete