Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Erm... Eighth grade crap VIII.

Holy Jesus, this is terrible! Relatively emo... but what can I say? It was eighth grade.

I Am That Kid

I am that kid,
The one you see at the bus stop.
That sits behind you in science.
That you ignore.

I am that kid,
That wants to be accepted.
That wants to be cherished.
That wants to be loved.

I am that kid,
The one no one cares about.
That has no friends.
And no one to talk to.

I am that kid,
That you see every day.
That you glare at and make fun of.
Even if I can hear you.

I am that kid,
That does no sports.
Or any clubs.
Anything to get away from everyone else.

I am that kid.
That doesn’t go to school anymore.
You don’t care where I am.
But secretly you wonder…

Did she move away?
Get suspended?
Is she sick?
Or is she just skipping?

Later that week,
The school has an assembly.
To tell you all that I’m gone,
For good.

She’s not coming back.
She’s in a good place now.
But she did leave a note,
And this is what it says.


They read it,
Some cry.
You don’t care.
Until you hear your name.

“I loved you,” it says,
“And I cared about you,
And I know you didn’t like me
But I couldn’t stop.”

“I thought about you all the time,
I watched you, I knew you.
I still loved you,
But now I am gone.”

You are amazed.
That someone like me could like someone like you.
You go home and fall asleep.
And you will yourself to never wake up.

You go back to school the next day.
You are amazed
At how much you had never noticed,
And how now, the world is changed.

People glare at you.
They look on and are dumbfounded
At how you seem so different
And now you can accept, that

I was that kid,
The one you saw at the bus stop.
That sat behind you in science.
That you ignored.
And you change your ways.

3 comments:

  1. Heehee I refreshed and this came up.
    Amazing.
    Of course.


    And yeah. I ammmmm embar of 8th grade. Writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why did it make you cry?
    I hate this one.

    ReplyDelete