Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Erm... Eighth grade crap VII.

Ah man... this is for school. I got an A+ on it, but it is lame and teacher-acceptable. I would have liked to change it quite a bit.

Autumn

Flickers like a match,
The reflection of the sun does
In the mirror my sunglasses make
As I walk down the desolate trail.

No one has been here
For the longest time
The undisturbed leaves tell me
As I race along.

Colors surround me
Green, orange, brown, yellow.
The world is like a canvas
And the trees are the paintings.

Shapes begin to leap out from the shadows
The setting sun casts into
The darkening forest,
And I start to hear sounds…

Could they be animals?
Ghosts? Goblins?
Killers?
I think I’m just paranoid.

The darkness falls faster,
And my eyes dart around
As I exhale the cloud of ice
That is my breath.

The cold causes me to shiver
And shake like one of the leaves on
The surrounding trees
The wind begins to whistle through.

I pull my coat closer to my chin,
And button it up higher.
To keep away the frost
Nipping at my body.

The sun is gone now.
How do I get home?
Am I going the right way?
I think I’m lost.

Suddenly a glimmer of light
Forces adrenaline into my body.
I race forward,
Hungry for the warmth.

Can I be rescued?
Will I perish out here?
Thoughts speed through my mind
And I start to shake.

The light grows larger.

A lone streetlight
Shines through the gloom
And pulls me towards it
Like a beacon.

I wander towards it
And bask in its heat.
Looking around,
I see my home.

Striding towards me
Is my mother
She asks where I was
And hugs me.

3 comments:

  1. Dude, did everyone in the class have to write on this topic, cuz i no renee has one like this too. doesn't she. or maybeh katie idk.

    (btw this = epic win)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, this = epic fail.
    And yeah, she gave us that poem about autumn and we had to like write our own or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, we had to start it out with the same line


    yours >>>>>>>>>>>>>> mine zomg

    ReplyDelete